How to enable and disable the messaging service?
Where is used?
This service inside Horusec has some functionalities used in an asynchronous mode, such as:
- Sending email to confirm an account creation;
- Sending email to reset a password;
- Sending email to invite a user to your workspace;
What services use this functionality?
The services used to perform the queues consume are:
When you enable the messaging service, it is necessary to connect to your e-mail service. For that, add to “horusec-messages” the following environment variables:
- HORUSEC_SMTP_USERNAME=“e-mail service username”;
- HORUSEC_SMTP_PASSWORD=“e-mail password service”;
- HORUSEC_SMTP_ADDRESS: “e-mail address service”;
- HORUSEC_SMTP_HOST: “e-mail host service”;
- HORUSEC_SMTP_PORT: “e-mail service port”.
And the services that receive actions when it is necessary in it respective queues are:
How to change?
When the microservices have the
HORUSEC_DISABLED_EMAILS environment variable with a false value, Horusec is automatically enabled to send emails and other functionalities that use the messaging service.
By default, the microservices below already start with a false value:
HORUSEC_DISABLED_EMAILS microservice value is true, the messaging service will be disabled.
To enable it, it’s only necessary to change the value to false.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.