1. What languages does Horusec support?
Check out all Horusec’s available languages.
2. What is Horusec’s 2021 roadmap?
Check out the roadmap’s phase:
- Phase 0: Support for all horusec-cli features into horusec-vscode (Q1)
- Phase 1: Support for the Theia(VsCode Web) (Q1)
- Phase 2: Support to Flutter, Dart, Bash, Shell, Elixir, Cloujure e Scala in analysis (Q1)
- Phase 3: New service to manager vulnerabilities founds (Q2)
- Phase 4: Dependency analysis for all supported languages (Q3)
- Phase 5: SAST with MVP Semantic Analysis (Q4)
- Phase 6: DAST with MVP symbolic analysis (Q4)
3. Is it possible to add Horusec as an IDE plugin?
Yes, VSCode is already available.
4. Does Horusec run locally without any server dependencies?
Yes, it runs locally using CLI.
5. When I locally run Horusec via CLI, how can I see the Manager’s vulnerabilities?
You have to access Manager and you need to:
- Create an account and authenticate;
- View and analyze the vulnerabilities found by the CLI;
- Manage the platform’s access.
When an analysis is sent to Horusec to store by the Manager, you have access to a detailed dashboard with your organization’s view or a repository.
6. Does Horusec depend on something to locally run via CLI?
No, the docker and git use is optional, it is suggested for a better analysis.
7. What is the difference between Horusec and any other quality code analysis tool?
Horusec is a security analysis tool that searches for possible leakages and exposed vulnerabilities in your application. Meanwhile, the quality code tool esures that your code has good quality and performance, but does not guarantee that it is safe from cyber threats.
8. Is it possible to upload all Horusec’s structure in my personal one?
Yes, check out the “How to run the web application in another host?" tutorial.
9. How can I access Manager?
Horusec does not provide an open infrastructure for you to use in your web application. To access the Manager, you have to upload in your personal infra using Docker Compose or Helm, via 8043 port or the route you have created.
- Example: http://YOUR-DOMAIN:8043.
10. How can I export Horusec’s output into a file
To do that, follow the Example 5: Using to get sonarqube exit in the Resources section.
11. How can I import Horusec’s output inside SonarQube?
12. Horusec identify which languages the project have? If yes, can I ignore a specific language to run in my project?
Yes, Horusec identifies the languages your projects has and it makes an analysis based in the languages it supports. It is possible to ignore the languages/tools you want to run in the analysis in Horusec’s configuration.
13. Horusec builds a project in each analysis?
No, Horusec performs [SAST]https://docs.horusec.io/docs/glossary/) analysis and just check the code.
14. Horusec has some different resource in other analysis tools?
- Identifies how many resources are available in your machine;
- It scales the amount of tools it runs simultaneously to deliver results faster.
15. Does Horusec deliver your web application in a SAAS format?
No, to use Horusec in your application it is necessary to upload in your environment control.
16. When Horusec-CLI sends the reports to the server, does it show the last analysis?
You can see a dashboard with the vulnerabilities by repository, commit author, language or a timeline.
17. Does the analysis made by Horusec-CLI have some kind of cache to know if the file has been changed?
No, each Horusec’s analysis reads all the necessary files. It does that without cache or a validation if a file was changed or not.
18. If an analysis is performed using some market tool, like GoSec, is there a type of pattern in the analysis' output?
Yes, all the market tools have its own data output. Horusec reads and puts it in the right format, after that, you are able to have data regardless the tools you are using in the analysis.
19. Is it possible to contribute to the project with a tool I already know?
Yes, check out the tutorial to add tool you want in Horusec, you can use Horusec’s analysis engine or an existing tool.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.